Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Grandma Knows Best!

Welcome! 

As I spend the week up north with my family's dogs and my best friend I decided to see if my lovely grandma would like to come over and color some Easter eggs! I picked her up yesterday and we proceeded to color eggs with Jess and my sister Jamie.  I decided to be creative this year and we went ahead and tried coloring the eggs with a tea stain.  I think they would have worked but everyone was getting a little impatient and we ended up taking all the eggs out too early and just dripping food coloring on them.  Not what we were going for exactly, but they actually turned out pretty cute!!

While grandma was over she started snacking on the kale chips Jess and I made the other day, and she LOVED them.  We sent her home with the rest of them!  Here is the recipe if you would like to try your own kale chips!!


Ingredients:
1 bunch kale
salt
pepper
paprika
olive oil



Directions:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees, or the lowest setting your oven has. 

Wash kale and break off leafy parts and stems.  Place leafs on an ungreased baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.  If it's too dry, it wil burn, but if you put too much oil on it, it will stay oily.  I would say all together you should use about a 1/4 a cup.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.  Bake for 2 hours or until the kale gets crispy.  DO NOT turn up the oven.  Be patient! They burn easy. 

Enjoy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<>